Friday, February 13, 2009

Upcoming Readings

(I'll be parking these in the sidebar as well, but for the time being you can find them here.) For Monday (2/16), I've assigned two readings on Omai, a letter from the novelist Frances Burney and a short chunk of William Cowper's long blank-verse poem, The Task. I've also fixed the link to Johnson's Rambler no. 23, so you should be able to print that out now.

For Friday (2/20), we'll be reading Marilyn Butler's historical-critical-contextual essay, "The Arts in an Age of Revolution: 1760 - 1790." Note that this essay is a 15-page PDF, longer than most of the other printouts we've had to date (it's a much quicker read, though, so don't be alarmed by the length).

Anytime you run into trouble accessing the PDF links, please send me an e-mail to let me know--chances are (as in the case of Johnson's Rambler 23) it's a problem your classmates are having, too, and something that I can fix easily once I know about it.

No comments: